Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Did Bonilla Mean?

As readers may be aware, I have spent the past few days reporting on circumstances related to the Corpus Christi Housing Authority which included the cost of renovations at a number of projects, the conditions at D.N. Leathers, and the burden of relocations for the residents.

An interesting exchange took place between myself and Housing Authority Chairman William Bonilla at the Authority's April 28 Board of Commissioners meeting:

Mr. Bonilla: I did an interview with that young man (behind you, Mr. Garcia). Why don't you stand up and tell us your name and who you represent.

John Jackson: I'm John Jackson, and I'm with the--

Bonilla: John what?

Jackson: I'm John Jackson--

Bonilla: John Jackson?

Jackson: I'm with the Corpus Christi Examiner (original name of the publication I am working with).

Bonilla: Corpus Christi?

Jackson: Examiner, it's a new publication, ah--

Bonilla: Weekly paper?

Jackson: It's a new publication--we haven't put out an edition yet--

Bonilla: Ok--

Jackson: But--

Bonilla: Well, we've been doing this for a long time, and I just wanted you to know, you're here and you're recording this meeting, but we're also recording this meeting ourselves--this is a public meeting.

Note: It may be up to the reader to decide what Mr. Bonilla's intentions were during this exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment