Monday, June 8, 2009

Housing Authority and Leathers Update

By John Jackson

In an effort to spread awareness of the situation at the Corpus Christi Housing Authority and D.N Leathers, I spoke with Nueces County Sheriff, Jim Kaelin on Fri. May 29, and hope to meet with other prominent city and county officials as well.

Sheriff Kaelin showed a deep concern for D.N Leathers, and encouraged me to keep going, saying that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

In related news, last month I filed a Freedom of Information request to the CCHA to find the exact plumbing, electrical, and other renovation costs. After leaving one copy with Miss Yvette Torres, secretary to CEO, Richard Franco, and another with Dennis Peacock, a construction employee who works closely with Mr. Franco, neither responded, despite a legal obligation to do so within ten days.

After calling Torres again on Weds. June 3rd, she told the Authority's attorney, Jordan Anderson, to call me back. Miss Anderson eventually did, and assured me that she would do her best to get me the information within the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment